Since I have fallen in love with Parkour, I have decided that I want to get better and pursue it further. It will be a great winter sport when it’s too cold to cycle anyway. I also hope to learn MMA in the near future as well.
Lately I’ve been weightlifting 5-6 days a week with 2-3 days of easy cardio or HIIT stuff. The weight training was sort of bodybuilder-esk, I suppose, in that I would do biceps & triceps one day and chest & shoulders another day, etc.
Now I want my workouts to be more functional by incorporating more compound exercises.
Here is what I’m thinking:
- Monday - Pulling exercises (ex. pullups, rows, etc.)
- Tuesday - Parkour, jumping, sprinting, or stadium runs, etc (or rest if I need)
- Wednesday - Back/core (deadlifts, hyperextensions, plank, leg raises, etc.)
- Thursday - Parkour, jumping, sprinting, or stadium runs, etc (or rest if I need)
- Friday - Pushing exercises (bench press, close-grip bench, push ups, dips, etc)
- Saturday - rest or same as Tuesday/Thursday
- Sunday - legs (quads, glutes, hamstrings) - (squats, lunges, glute-ham raises, etc)
Saturday and Sunday may be switched around as well.
Hopefully soon I can add MMA on Tuesdays and Thursdays